The Humanitarian Division of the institution is the main link with the humanitarian community, which aims to facilitate aid and development efforts by providing local and international humanitarian actors with facilities and services specifically designed to meet their needs. The issues it engages with range from information-sharing to facilitation and support in the provision of humanitarian assistance.
The department works together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and generally child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
- To cooperate with governmental, non-governmental, and inter-governmental organizations and institutions concerned with children’s rights in humanitarian interventions to unify efforts
- To combat the risk of social exclusion of children and youth living under extreme poverty
- To develop disaster risk reduction and mitigation strategies
- To ensure access to basic social and legal services for all children
- To conduct risk-assessments in relation to the return of unaccompanied minors and apply the process for the Best Interest Determination for the minors
- To develop emergency humanitarian aid and Humanitarian Protection Advocacy strategies
- To establish in cooperation with other children’s organizations a data collection mechanism to record violations of children’s rights in a transparent manner and on significant shifts in relation to humanitarian aid and children’s issues
- To cooperate with journalists and media in raising public awareness on children rights-based approaches in development and humanitarian efforts through different media tools