Who are we?
“Hope For Children CRC Policy Center is an International Humanitarian and Independent Institution and its headquarters are based in Nicosia, Cyprus. We conduct our work through research, advisory services, advocacy and policy, as well as through the design and implementation of grassroots programs.
Our Vision & Mission
The vision of the Organization is to contribute to the protection and promotion of the rights of the child and to support the active participation of children and youth in society. We aim to advocate and to protect children’s rights based on the standards and principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and European Union Law, regardless of their background. We are looking to provide internship opportunity (unpaid) for a period of minimum 3-6 months.
We value all of our interns to make sure they receive a learning experience that fits their career goals. This is an opportunity to be part of an international and vibrant team and gain experience in a professional, cultural and educational environment. The selected intern will have an opportunity to gain an overview and familiarize with the matters related to project development and project cycle management. It also provides interns with a letter of recommendation upon completion of their internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern is expected to perform a variety of tasks, which are likely to include:
* provide translation services (translation of documents from Greek to English and vice-versa) and interpretation services (consecutive whispered interpretation from Greek to English and vice-versa).
* office assistance;
* collaborate with the staff and support their work;
* contribute to the development of project proposals;
* assist with fundraising and other events of the Organization when needed;
* provide material for website updates;
* develop graphics, logos, brochures, reports, websites and etc.
* Excellent communication skills in Greek and in English (both oral and written) is required;
* Recent graduates or postgraduates; if profile and skills are met, students in final year of higher education (university or other accredited institution will be considered;
* Previous experience in translation tasks will be considered as an advantage;
* University degree in languages or administration is preferred and would be considered an advantage.
* Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment, and the ability to engage, work and live in inter-cultural dialogue and communication;
* Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.), use of internet and web based applications;
* Willing to undertake grass roots initiatives related to children's rights and vulnerable groups;
* Excellent intercultural and communication skills;
* Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team;
* Ethical person with no prejudices and respectful towards the non-discrimination and mutual respect principles.
The intern is expected to work at least 25 hours per week (5 days per week). Sometimes, he/she may be asked to work some extra days or hours, due to specific activities or needs of the Organization. In this case these days can be recovered. The intern is entitled to 2 days per month holidays (a week notice before) and the dates must be agreed in advance with the Director of Research and Development Department.
* Commitment and adherence to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of the Organization;
* Adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures;
* Use supervision effectively and work towards personal and professional growth;
* Handle confidential information and have the ability to interact tactfully with other staff and clients at all levels concerning sensitive issues;
* Work as a team player, providing support as well as constructive feedback in interpersonal interactions;
* Participate and contribute to fundraising programs of the Organization;
* Work under the principles of the UNCRC, without prejudices and with respect to the principle of non-discrimination.
To apply, please send a CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line should be: “Administration and Language Internship Application – HFC 2019”